Window Treatments

One of my favorite elements of the design process that I enjoy are window treatments, they have tremendous impact to the design scheme, depending on the room they can create softness, warmth, drama, color, texture, make the window appear larger, separate a room, light and temperature control, privacy what ever look is desired there exists a treatment for it. This is the first official post to my entries called Window Treatments. Periodically, I will post pictures of treatments that I’ve designed or am in the process of designing for clients. For the first entry I’m going to keep it simple, future posts will include my thoughts on fabrics, lining, interlining, trim, hardware, blinds, shutters, sheers and anything that relates to windows (and maybe a pillow or two).


This soft feminine tailored balloon shade is installed over a sunken tub. The combination of plantation shutters with the non functioning balloon shade provides the client with privacy, daylight control and prettiness.


IMG_0448



Face Fabric: Designer Silk – Cameo Pink


Trim: Kravet T30406-717 Dragon Fly Bead Fringe in Blush


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

YEAH! A comment from you!

Please note that this is not a platform to advertise your products, unless I happen to really like them :-)

Thank you for taking the time!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails