Client Project: Foyer and Powder Room

This is a small project for a client who I’ve been working with for about a year.  They have asked me to spruce up their foyer and the guest powder room which is just off the foyer.

In the powder room sink area I’ve selected this beautiful hand embroidered velvet to upholster the walls.  Note that this room is not a main powder room that is used every day. 

2006162_53 Lee Jofa Bartholomew Velvet Color Sea 2006162

In the water closet will be the gorgeously textured burlap wall covering by Schumacher.

Schumacher 5000865 5000865

There is enough room in the water closet for a small piece of furniture; I love the luxury of space in a powder room where I can add a chest or a chair.  I chose this Serpentine Chest in Antique Burl with a 12” depth, it fits perfectly.  I’m now searching for an intriguing piece of art to hang above plus I’ll add a small lamp and accessories to the top. 

Serpentine Chest Antique Burl Finish Serpentine Chest in Antique Burl

 

In the foyer I’ve selected the Frederica Bench from the Suzanne Kasler collection at Hickory Chair

Frederica Bench 1515_30Frederica Bench – Hickory Chair 

It will be covered in  Bosphorus Red fabric by Lee Jofa seen below with Samuel and Sons (which by the way is my very favorite trim company) Cambridge Strie Braid in Black, featuring antique brass nail head trim spaced 1” apart.  Note that the white floral stripe will be positioned up the middle of the seat and back cushion of the bench with the more leafy red and tan pattern flanking either side of the floral stripe.  The outside back will be simply upholstered in the appropriately named fabric Simply Canvas in Cinnabar (below) with the Cambridge Strie Braid and spaced nail head trim around the perimeter of the back panel.

2006206_419

Lee Jofa Bosphorus – Red

Scan_Pic0012

Samuel and Sons Cambridge Strie Braid

Simply Canvas in Cinnabar

Fabricut Simply Canvas – Cinnabar

I’m also adding this small Berrod Chest in Antique Black to the foyer.

511_629_Berrod Chest

 

I’m still in search of the perfect mirror to hang over this chest, and the requisite  lamp light that sets the mood for the entry, see my post here on foyers.   I will also be including a pair of laurel leaf mirrored back sconces that will flank the double entry doors.  Unfortunately, I do not have a picture as they’ve been discontinued (and the client has them at their home).  

I will post photos of the finished project at completion, which will be in about 2 months, stay tuned……

No comments:

Post a Comment

YEAH! A comment from you!

Please note that this is not a platform to advertise your products, unless I happen to really like them :-)

Thank you for taking the time!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails